Monday, January 5, 2009

This is my first blog. I am a teacher, who has taught Culinary Arts for seventeen years and am now teaching regular Family and Consumer Science Classes in a new school system, for me, and having a ball. I am finally getting to teach Child Care, Family Management and Individual Development. The discussions in each class are so much fun and such a wonderful way to really get to know the students and what they are truly interested in doing with their lives. It is a real challenge keeping ahead of the students in lessons because they want to do everything and all of it right now. I must say I spend hours planning and developing interesting and fun activities, but the internet is wonderful for seeking out ideas that have already been “invented and proven” as great working lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment